Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why Reggae?

I have been raised up by a musician father. From the moment on that I had my first grip of a drumstick, I knew in my heart that I belong to a certain group where drumming is an integral part of existence. I've been playing different kinds of music but I have grown up to love reggae music for the profoundness of its lyrics, its rhythm, vocalization and its skanky style.

The lyrics may vary from a never ending love story, blatant socio-politcal issues, marijuana legalization and decriminalization, of course, but what caught my ears most is the spiritual message that lies within that reggae beat. This is where I started to question my faith and as to what lies behind those spiritual realms. I started to dig in deep and overstand how and what reggae music all means, and for that, I am being led to research on its roots. Reggae and Rasta Belief goes well together. With every positive vibrations that I hear through that kind of music, I have come to overstand and accept that Rasta is not about a religion nor it is a religion but it is a Way of Life. A simple kind of life where equality is essential, wombmen's and childrens rights are important and most of all, the love of nature and the love of Jah dwells well together.

I am in so much love and joy to express how I trully feel on the way my life is leading me. Thanks to Jah the most High for enlighten up my mind and my life. Having my dreadlocks is not just about a hairstyle but its about a lifestyle. A lifestyle of positiveness creating a positive outlook on life. Big ups to you bredrens and sistrens of this wonderfull world! Much love and respect. Jah bless InI.

No comments:

Post a Comment